Rewards & recognition
Search for Jobs
- Job Details
GTA LEADERSHIP Opportunities
Position Reports to:
General Manager & Regional Manager
PASSION. FOOD. FRIENDS.
At Moxie’s our mantra is simple: we are passionate about our food, passionate about our guests and, with over 60 locations across Canada, we are passionate about creating the ultimate premium casual dining experience.
Every Moxie's location is focused on exceptional food quality, coupled with incredible service, at prices that provide excellent value for all of our guests. Open seven days a week for lunch and dinner, late night dining and weekend brunch, Moxie’s is the perfect destination for an unforgettable dining experience with family, friends or colleagues.
Our expansive food menu is meticulously designed to provide our guests with a variety of delicious choices catering to every palate, with inventive, globally inspired food. Featuring seafood, pasta, steak, burgers, chicken, fish, pizza and a wide range of appetizers plus house-made desserts, the Moxie’s menu truly offers something for everyone. Our hand-selected wine list and sommelier-crafted cocktails, made from our premium bar selection, perfectly complement our food offerings.
The Regional Chef role is a hands-on operations role. You will be based from one specific restaurant location with travel required to multiple locations in a set region.
The objective of the Regional Chef role in our company is a leadership and training role to teach our Chefs what “Excellent” looks like and how to not only consistently execute at that level, but to teach their crews to do the same.
You will work closely with our Food Development Chef at Home Office to provide ongoing feedback on core menu items, feature menu items and any new recipes or products in test.
Role: Full-Time Permanent
Compensation: Salary plus performance bonus.
Benefits: Full Health/Dental (Paid Premiums), RRSP Package, Dining Discounts and more!
Reports to: Regional Manager
• Assist the Executive Chef with testing and execution of new menu development and recipe creation.
• Innovation and development of excellent culinary standards for operations and the creation of processes/procedures, in all areas of culinary and kitchen operations, which can be implemented in the long term throughout multiple locations.
• Close monitoring and financial analysis of culinary P&L to determine areas of improvement and fine-tuning that are required.
• Regulate policies and procedures related to production methods, food storage and handling, workplace health and safety measures, allergy awareness, cleanliness and any other key areas subject to internal, government or third party audits and develop methods to ensure that these policies and procedures are in constant compliance
• Trains, develops and provides inspirational leadership to culinary management and personnel.
• Roll out new menus and culinary programs in conjunction with the Home Office Marketing department and Regional Manager/Senior Operations.
• Working in conjunction with Home Office and the Regional Manager to develop and execute a bullet-proof new store opening plan of a new restaurant concept.
• Active operations management to develop and support initiatives that promote the goals and objectives of the company.
REQUIREMENTS & KEY ATTRIBUTES:
• Two + years of experience as head Chef.
• Proven track-record of training and developing leaders.
• Demonstrated financial, budgetary, food control and labour control experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively on various levels including, but not limited to, Executive Management, departmental employees, team members, crew and our guests.
• Strong administrative skills and computer literacy, with functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, Outlook)
• Excels in a dynamic and extremely fast-paced environment.
• Motivated and goal-oriented individual who can take a project and “run with it” with little to no supervision.
• Strong follow-through and ability to meet project deadlines without sacrificing quality of work.
• Aptitudes for Strategic thinking and planning (being able to objectively “see the bigger picture”.)
• Desire to work closely with a passionate team and company whose first focus is Hospitality!
• Valid driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle is required.