Rewards & recognition
Search for Jobs
- Job Details
Vancouver Area Leadership Opportunities
Position Reports to:
Senior Sous Chef
Moxie's: Created by people like you, for people like you. Moxie's is Canada's leading premium casual restaurant chain. We were founded on the promise of delivering great food and great experiences in a friendly, high energy atmosphere. At Moxie's, we don't hire staff; we hire people: People who share our love of life, and seize every chance to get the most of it. People who believe that a job shouldn't just be a place where you put in time, but rather a place where you love the time you spend. If this describes you, we'd love to hear from you.
To direct and control the Back-of-House operations of the restaurant on a shiftly basis. Ensuring the expectations of our guests are met and surpassed in terms of service excellence and food quality while adhering to budgetary constraints.
• Financial results - QSC, TO, food cost, labour, variable costs.
• Managerial Skills - people development, kitchen management, company policies and procedures, time management, problem solving/decision making and leadership.
• Personal Skills - initiative, energy level/drive, communication skills, administration skills, adaptability/flexibility, dependability/attendance, appearance/grooming
• High level of organizational ability
• Experienced and highly competent line cook
• Complete understanding and belief in company philosophy and goals
• Ability to self motivate, maintain sense of urgency, keep momentum
• Ability to motivate and coach crew to maximum effectiveness
• Ability to assert authority and make judgments
• Understanding of basic kitchen operations principles i.e./ building and cutting a line, labour control, quality control, food cost control, standards of operations, how to diffuse conflict and solve problems.
• Oral communication